Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On The Road Again

These first few days might be some of the most demanding days. Yesterday, I left Milwaukee for Philadelphia on a 7:40 am flight. As a result of delays and air traffic problems at the Philadelphia airport, I arrived late to the Peace Corps Staging Conference. The conference was very motivational and the leader, BJ, did a great job of reminding us why we signed up for the Peace Corps. One of my goals as a volunteer is to help promote mutual understanding among Americans and people from other cultures.
After dinner, repacking, and a two hour nap, I checked out of the hotel and boarded the bus for JFK. I made it through security and for now will sit in anticipation for the 15 hour flight to Johannesburg. I will write again when I get settled in Mozambique.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on making it to africa! Make sure you enjoy the sunny nice weather for us.

    ReplyDelete